Thursday, October 16, 2008

TWO MORE EVICTIONS FROM "I'M A COUNCILLOR"



Two more Borough Councillors have been evicted from "I'm A Councillor Get Me Out of Here!" - Conservative Mark Smith and Liberal Democrat Henry Rogers. There are only 2 Councillors left in the contest and one of them is me!

Today I chatted online to Hastingsbury Upper School and John Bunyan Upper School students. I also met 5 students from St. Thomas More Catholic Upper School who came to observe the County Council meeting, where I sit next to the Council Chairman as his Vice Chairman. I asked Cllr Peter Hollick, the new Cabinet Member for Community Services a question about Bedfordshire Music during the meeting.

After lunch and an online session replying to more student questions - 102 questions answered so far! - I took part in a lively Political Speed Dating event with students from 5 schools, including Hastingsbury, Biddenham and St. Thomas More. Afterwards I had an interview with Chiltern Radio about Local Democracy Week.

Tomorrow early afternoon I will meet Youth Parliament Members who are presenting a transport petition. They have been allocated £50,000 to spend on various transport projects and have been conducting research over the past few months.

As a twinhatted County/Borough Councillor I am the only contestant who has made an official school visit and taken part in the County events, including Speed Dating and have engaged with a large number of students from 6 Upper Schools.

Young people reading this Blog - this is your last chance to vote for me. Tomorrow at 3pm Bedford's 2008 Youth Champion will be announced. Watch this space.........

No comments: