Sunday, October 26, 2008

ELSTOW ABBEY'S 1ST MUSIC FESTIVAL













I have just returned from my home town Portsmouth where I attended my aunt's funeral in Portsmouth Cathedral, the church I attended as a child and in which I was married. Today I had a splendid 2 course Sunday Lunch for less than £10 with my fellow Councillor Peter Hand in our local pub, The Swan in Elstow - much cheaper than those expensive "Gastropubs" which have sprung up everywhere.

Since my election as Chairman of the Trustees of the Friends of Elstow Abbey, we have decided to launch Elstow's first ever Music Festival with a series of four concerts in our splendid 11th Century Elstow Abbey Church.

The Flitwick Singers start our NMusic Festival on Saturday 1 November 2008 at 7pm. Tickets are £7.50 (£5 concessions) or you can buy a Festival ticket for all four concerts for £20 (£15 concessions) which is a real bargain.

Hitchin Concert Band Brass Ensemble perform our Christmas Concert with Kingshott School Chamber Choir. on MOnmday 1 December at 6.30.

Bedfordshire Organists Association will launch the Nedw Year with a concert at 12 noon on Saturday 31 January 2009. A Ploughman's Lunch will be served.

Luton Male Voice Choir provide our 4th and final Concert on Saturday 28 February 2009 at 7.30pm.

Tickets can be purchased at Elstow Abbey Church on the night.

No comments: