Sunday, June 29, 2008

Welcome to my blog


Hi! My name is Lynne Faulkner and I represent the 5,500 residents of Wilstead and Elstow (birthplace of John Bunyan, author of Pilgrim’s Progress) near Bedford, on Bedfordshire County Council and Bedford Borough Council.

I have 25 years’ experience of local government politics, having served 12 years on North Hertfordshire District Council, including two years as Chairman and Vice Chairman of Council. After a short break to concentrate on my career as an International Human resource Manager, in May 2002 I was elected to Bedford Borough Council where I am Chair of Corporate and Resource Policy Committee and represent the Council on the East of England Regional Assembly.

In May 2005 I was elected as a County Councillor and I am now Vice Chairman of the County Council, Vice Chairman of Children’s Services Overview & Scrutiny Committee and Chairman of the Redundancy Panel.

Active in local village organisations, I am Chairman of Elstow Abbey Trustees, Patron of Wilstead Players, Vice Chair of Elstow Lower School Governors and also conduct regular help and advice surgeries for residents.

However, this is the 21st Century and like my local MP Nadine Dorries, I have decided to launch my own blog to communicate more easily with my constituents.

I plan to use this blog to offer my thoughts and ideas on local and national politics and to update you on my work as your local Councillor.

Join me on my 21st Century blogging journey.

No comments: