Monday, December 29, 2008

MORE INTERNATIONAL CHRISTMAS TREES



FRANKFURT



VENICE


MADRID




I am back home in Bedford after spending a week with my family in the Heart of England. Today I looked after my small grandchildren and took them to the Wacky Warehouse near Lichfield for indoor fun and games as it was damp and freezing cold outside. We are in for a very cold New Year in England and the gritting lorries were out when I was driving south on the M1 tonight.

Darwen Reporter has commented favourably on my German Christmas tree and said that she thinks that the Germans really know how to celebrate Christmas. I agree with his view and have posted another German photograph of a Christmas tree, this time in Frankfurt, along with 2 more - one a beautiful modern Murano glass tree in Venice and the other a traditional Spanish tree in Madrid.

I am always fascinated at the different ways in which other countries celebrate Festivals and this year I will be fortunate enough to celebrate New Year in Madeira, where the annual firework display is considered truly spectacular.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we see a picture of your Christmas tree?

Cllr Lynne Faulkner said...

My Christmas tree is nothing special - just a modest 5 ft high fibre optic tree bought in 2006 and I do not have a digital camera to hand! You will have to make do with all the international photos!

Linda said...

Hi there,

Thanks for acknowledging my comment about German Christmas trees.

Just a point though - I'm actually female!

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas Lynne - there is no doubt that you are one of Bedfordshire's most hardest working and energetic Councillors, I hope the people of Elstow & Wilstead know this fact! All the best for the new year! It's been great to read your blogs in 2008 and I look forward to your future blogs in 2009.

Cllr Peter Hand

Cllr Lynne Faulkner said...

Hallo again Darwen Reporter - my apologies but your title gave me no clues! I have amended the Blog

Cllr Lynne Faulkner said...

Hi Peter. Thanks for the compliment. Many of my readers are in Bedfordshire, so I hope that my Blog is of benefit to to my local residents.

Anonymous said...

Can I pop round and see your Christmas tree then. I bet it looks nice?

Yours mandy

Cllr Lynne Faulkner said...

Hi Mandy. Sorry it is too late now as I have been away and my decorations are down now. Perhaps next year?